Updated: Jan 20, 2019
Yesterday I posted a picture of these muffins and my friend texted me that they looked really good. I told her that was funny because I was actually trying to follow a different recipe and messed it up, but my muffins turned out delicious! I was attempting to make an egg cup recipe from Instagram, but it required a muffin top pan and I didn't have one. I ended up just using a regular muffin pan and thus, these were created! You can change the seasonings and remain the same points, but if you change cheese your points will change so keep that in mind!
*I stored these in plastic bags in the fridge and warmed in the microwave for about 1 minute. Tasted great!
Smartpoints: 2sp per serving
1/2 cup Fat free, plain yogurt
1/2 cup self rising flour
5 slices of pre-cooked bacon (I cut 3 slices in half)
Fat free cheese to sprinkle
Everything but the Bagel seasoning
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees
2) Spray muffin pan with spray oil
3) Mix yogurt and flour to form dough. Make sure your hands and the surface are heavily floured to avoid sticking.
4) Separate dough into 5 parts and form a cup in each muffin hole.
5) Bake for 4-5 minutes
6) Remove from oven and crack 1 egg into each muffin hole on top of the dough. Top with seasoning.
7) Put back into the oven for 10 minutes.
8) Remove from oven and add 1 strip of bacon to each muffin. Sprinkle cheese to your liking.
9) Put back into oven for an additional 8-10 minutes.
10) Let cool and serve
*Note: my pan ended up a huge mess because egg was running everywhere, but it did end up ok in the end. Don't be alarmed if this happens to you!