So I just read the first 2 books in the "Crazy Rich Asians" trilogy and they had me craving Chinese food! These books are so good and the descriptions of all that delicious food really was something! I decided to come up with a fried rice recipe that would be low in Smartpoints, but still taste good. Now, yes, I know I could have used cauliflower rice instead of brown rice, but the whole point was that I wanted real rice! Feel free to substitute if you feel the need. Now if anyone knows of a healthy dumpling recipe..hit me up! HAHA!
Servings: 8 servings at 1 cup each
Smartpoints: 3sp per serving
Instant brown rice (250 g) 2 chicken breasts
1 can carrots
1 can corn
1 can peas
Green onion (6)
Sugar snap peas
2 eggs (not pictured)
4 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil Black pepper and garlic powder to taste (not pictured)
1. Cook 2 breasts of chicken according to your liking; I cooked mine in the Crockpot and shredded them.
2. Add rice to microwave safe bowl and cook according to directions on box.
3. Turn skillet on low heat and add carrots, corn, and all peas
4. Add chicken
5. Add soy sauce 6. After rice is cooked, add to skillet
7. Add sesame oil
8. Crack 2 eggs on top of rice and mix everything together
9. Cook on high for 3 minutes, making sure egg is cooked through.
10. Top with green onion
11. Season with black pepper and garlic powder