Updated: Jan 25, 2019
Hi all!I keep getting requests for my beef recipe so I figured it was time to share! This is my "healthy"-ish adaptation of a recipe my friend Lauren makes called Butter Beef. People have all kinds of names for this recipe, but in our house Scott just calls it the beef! I use a leaner cut of meat and I omit the butter and truly, you can't tell the difference! It's SO good! I make this in my Instant Pot, but you can use a Crock-pot also. If you are doing this in a slow cooker, I would cook on low for 8-10 hours. The same ingredients still apply, although in the Crock-pot you do NOT add any of the beef broth. With the IP, you need liquid or else it will burn. Also if making this in a Crock-pot you do not need to sear first, but if you like the charred edges you are welcome to. This recipe is so versatile, you can use it in a sandwich or eat it with a fork! I like to add veggies as a side, but you can add fries, chips, a salad, fruit..the possibilities are endless! And of course you can top it with lettuce, cheese, condiments and more! Yum!
WW SP Value: 6SP per serving
2 lbs bottom round steak (you can use chuck roast also, it is cheaper but it will increase the point value)
1 packet Ranch seasoning
1 packet gravy mix
1 cup pepperoncinis, drained
1 cup of fat free or reduced sodium beef broth (only if using the InstantPot)
1) Sear meat on stove until it is brown on all sides. This is important! You can also use the saute function on the Instant Pot if you prefer.
2) Put meat into Instant Pot with the beef broth and cover with both seasoning packet and the pepperocinis.
3) Cook on high for 2.5 hours and then when the timer is done, let it sit for about 5 minutes.
4) Open valve CAREFULLY to release the steam
5) Open the lid and shred. I also skim as much fat as possible. Let sit or keep warm in the pot.
I like to toast a roll with some cheese and top with the beef and then hot peppers! ENJOY!