I am always on the lookout for new dinner ideas for Scott. You guys know he is a very picky eater and basically survives on tacos, ribs and plain noodles. I was at the store a few months ago and they had pork tenderloin (he likes pork, I do not) and it was on a major sale so I asked if he would eat it if I made it and he said sure! I had no idea how to cook it so I posted on Instagram asking for suggestions and this one was my favorite, so thank you to the person who suggested it!
This recipe is a bit different because I don't eat it so I have never figured out the WW SmartPoints value, but you can plug it into the recipe builder on the WW app and go from there! Also take note: these cooking times and temps are for well done meat, please adjust accordingly to cook the meat to your preferred liking! I generally serve this to Scott with french fries or noodles and a piece of nice bread! He loves it every time.
1 extra lean, boneless pork tenderloin (the one I used was about 1/2 a lb)
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 450
2) Place a cast iron skillet or baking tray in the oven while it heats
3) Once oven reaches 450, remove skillet or tray
4) Add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkle of salt, some black pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder to the pan
5) Place meat in pan and put into the oven for 18 minutes
6) Turn meat over to other side and put back into the oven for an additional 15 minutes
7) Cut into meat to check on coloring and you can use a meat thermometer if you have one to make sure it's at least 150 degrees