This was one of the first recipes I made that I shared on the CocoLoses Facebook page quite some time ago! I made it again last week and it was SO good I realized it would be the perfect recipe to share with all of you here! There are many variations of this recipe out there and lots of different names, but I call it Egg Roll in a Bowl because that's basically exactly what it is! I use lean ground turkey breast to keep the points lower on WW, but you can also use pork, ground beef, chicken or shrimp if you prefer! I also choose to bulk my version up with extra veggies such as sugar snap peas and green onion. You can eat this right away when it's hot, or like me, use it as meal prep and eat cold during the week. I wouldn't suggest reheating because everything will get mushy. Grab these ingredients and hit the kitchen, your mouth (and tummy) will thank you! It is probably one of the easiest things you could make, it's quick and it's healthy so it's a win on all fronts.
Servings: 8-10 cups
SP value per serving: 1sp
1 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 lb lean turkey breast or meat of your choice (meat will affect points)
2 bags coleslaw mix
1 bag sugar snap peas
1 bag green onions
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
Crispy onions (not pictured and optional)
1) Spray pan with cooking oil and turn to medium. Brown meat, making sure there is no pink.
2) Add coleslaw. It will seem like a lot, but it cooks down quickly!
3) Mix rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and minced garlic together in a bowl. Add this mixture to the coleslaw while it cooks and stir.
4) As coleslaw cooks down, add additional veggies. I added the bag of peas and 6 stalks of green onion.
5) Once the entire pan looks cooked and soft, remove from heat. You can top with 1 tbsp of crispy onions before you eat if you miss the "crunch" of the egg roll. I do not recommend adding until you eat or they will get soggy.
6) You can eat hot right away or store for later. I keep mine in the fridge in air tight containers for 3-5 days.