We've all had these tasty little bites and we know they definitely AREN'T healthy. I wouldn't exactly call mine healthy either, but these will definitely have you feeling less guilty than normal! Just for fun, I estimated the amount of WW points of one "normal" Hawaiian roll slider and got 6-7 points each, depending on the ingredients you use. I used 0sp deli turkey instead of ham, a butter substitute and omitted the mayo. I also planned to use ultra thin Provolone cheese, but ordered the wrong kind. However, I did the recipe as if I did get that cheese. The brand is Sargento and each ultra thin slice is 1sp. With mine, you get 1 slider for 4sp which is a little more do-able in my opinion! These were a huge hit and everyone enjoyed them. They are perfect for a family get together, a big event, a Superbowl party or just eat a few as your dinner, I won't tell anyone!
Servings: 18 sliders
WW SP per serving: 4
3/4 lb lean deli turkey (not all brands are 0sp so double check)
2 tbsp dijon mustard
6 slices ultra thin Provolone cheese
2 tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter oil spread
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp poppy seeds
Garlic powder to taste Dried onion to taste
1 package 18 count Hawaiian rolls
Directions (First pre-heat oven to 325 degrees)
1) Take a light colored baking tray and add foil. This is so your bottoms don't burn. I used a dark bottom tray and they were a little too brown! Spray foil with cooking spray.
2) Cut tops off of rolls in one motion.
3) Top bottom rolls with cheese and meat.
4) Add tops back on.
5) Mix butter, mustard, garlic powder, dried onion, poppyseeds and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Micrwave until butter is completely melted, between 30-45 seconds.
6) Take a brush and brush the mixture onto the sandwiches, making sure to cover completely. You can pour instead, but be careful not to splash it and to ensure it covers all pieces.
7) Place tray in oven and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
8) When timer is done, remove from oven and let cool.
9) Slice lengthwise and then widthwise to cut into easy portions. Try to serve immediately, but you can reheat if needed.